Friday, June 26, 2009

Motherisms

When you're the working mother of four:

-you have 40 toenails to cut and 40 fingernails to trim
-the common cold goes through your house 4 times as long and 4 times as often
-you have 4 beds to "help make" and sheet sets to change
-one laundry load of whites yields 67 pairs of socks, to sort and match-up
-you have 4 sets of information you're supposed to know at the drop of a hat including:
----birth statistics,
----current weight,
----doctors and dentists appointments,
----clothing sizes, and
----favorites (friends, colors, foods,etc;)
-someone is always outgrowing a size and needing new clothes
-you get to budget for 4 sets of college tuition (with inflation)
-you have four schedules to balance should you dare let them participate in any activities
-you count heads continuously to be sure you have them all
-you get to read 4 different books every night
-you have 4 goodnight kisses, and I Love Yous
-chances are good someone will want a snuggle when YOU need one
-you have 4 "potential" places to go to instead of a nursing home
-you have 4 potential sources of grandchildren (if you still like children then :) )
-you have 4 times the memories to cherish
----first words
----first steps
----first day of school
----so many more

I remember someone said to me once they never wanted more than one child because you could never love multiple children as much as you do the first nor provide for the others with the undivided attention an only child receives - that person has obviously not had four children


"believe in your dreams for all dreams can come true"
-dr. mom of 4

1 comment:

  1. ok for some reason this really struck a nerve with me... and I cried... Wow I am such a sap!

    I miss you my friend... and I enjoy these blogs more then you could ever understand...

    Thank you for allowing me to get a glimpse of the wonderful person you are....

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete